- ✔︎ Fewer moving parts compared to competitors resulting in more reliability.
- ✔︎ Easy to maintain – no special tools required.
- ✔︎ Simple, reliable, leak-free air valve.
- ✔︎ Compact design, they are also quieter.
- ✔︎ All models are CE, metal models are ATEX certified.
- ✔︎ 100% tested before leaving the factory.
FTI Air diaphragm pumps are designed for harsh environments and demanding applications as found in the transfer chemical, aggressive, corrosive or abrasive fluids.
It is also often used in food fluids that requires other characteristics like ease of cleaning, transfer of viscous products without fluid tearing or fluid shearing.
To ensure this high reliability levels, all pump parts operating under pressure are designed and fully tested under FEA regulations (Finite Element Analysis).
Air Valve — Highly Efficient, Rugged and Simple Design
Painted die cast aluminum or glass fiber reinforced polypropylene plastic valve body options for standard or corrosive atmospheres
Low friction carbon filled PTFE slide valve on the polished alumina ceramic valve plate allows for longest life and superior sealing eliminating air leakage. It also eliminates high cost seals moving over holes, as needed on many competitors’ valves.
Molded Buna gasket is fitted to grooves in the face of the valve body and slide valve plate to ensure total sealing and eliminate flat gasket tearing.
Uses air through slotted diaphragm shaft to shift the valve eliminating need for separate pilot valve or mechanically operated pilot valve. Fewer parts, simpler design and less prone to failure.
Non-stalling design – air valve cannot stall in any position
Outside mounting assures easy access for inspection or maintenance – valve can be removed and serviced while pump is still installed
Lube free design eliminates the need for packing grease or lubricated air
Fewer parts reduces maintenance time and costs
All components are individually replaceable to easily restore the valve to brand new condition.
A Look Inside the Pump
- Pump body available in aluminium, stainless steel as well as non-metallic executions in PVDF or PP.
- Diaphragms are available in a wide range of materials to cover each specific application.
- Manifolds in single piece construction to reduce chance of leak.
- Extremely reliable air valve for high efficiency.
- Flanges available in ISO, DIN, ANSI, BSP or NPT.
- Slotted mounting feets with flat bottom for secure mounting.
Change Is In the Air…
Discover the benefits of FTIAir AODD pumps particularly in terms of reliability and operating costs.
FTI Air is a division of Finish Thompson. Established in 1951, Finish Thompson is a leading designer and manufacturer of chemical transfer pumps. Our Air Operated Double Diaphragm pumps are the product of hard work by our team of skilled associates. From engineering to manufacturing, assembly and shipping, our reputation for dedication to detail and quality is known worldwide. FTI Air products are designed by experts in the transfer of the most corrosive fluids operating in demanding environments. They have created a line of products that are high quality, rugged and extremely reliable. All backed by a five year warranty, our outstanding reputation and world-class customer service.
As a Result
AODD FTIAir pumps are top quality and highly reliable.
Thanks to the drastically reduced number of moving parts, they are also much simpler to maintain.
Their price is not its last advantage. AODD FTIAir pumps are very competitively priced.
Hence the 5 year warranty offered by FTI on all parts with the exception of wear parts.