Drum pumps for Every Application
A drum pump is primarily used to transfer fluids from drums or IBCs.
Transfer pumps, whether mobile or stationary, are suitable for almost any fluid whether viscous or low-viscosity, neutral or aggressive, combustible or hardly flammable, with or without solids.
Jessberger drum pumps are usually equipped with a powerful universal motor (JP-280 with 825 Watt).
It can be used to transport all low to medium viscous liquids from drums and containers.
In the centrifugal type drum pump case, the viscosity limit is about 1,000 mPas and up to a density of 1.9.
For more viscous fluids, the use of an eccentric screw pump or an air-operated diaphragm pump is recommended.
Depending on the fluid and the application, Jessberger offers four different materials for the pump tube.
- ✔︎ Polypropylene
- ✔︎ PVDF
- ✔︎ Aluminium
- ✔︎ 316Ti stainless steel
The exact specifications of the fluid, the temperature of the application and the environment are decisive factors for the selection of the appropriate pump material.
Plastics polypropylene and PVDF are used in the drum pump range for neutral, aggressive and non-combustible fluids, especially for acids, alkalis and cleaning agents.
A polypropylene drum pump can be used for almost all standard chemicals in the chemical or electroplating industry, up to a temperature of 50°C.
Jessberger drum pumps made of PP are used for fluids such as sodium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid, slightly concentrated sulphuric acid, iron II chloride, iron III chloride, etc.
In the case of very aggressive fluids such as sulphuric acid over 90%, chromic acid, hydrofluoric acid or nitric acid, the drum pump tube should be made of PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride).
This highly chemical-resistant material can also be used up to a fluid temperature of 90°C.
In the petroleum sector as well as in the automotive industry, aluminium drum pumps are mainly required for pumping diesel, gear oil, heating oil, hydraulic oil, machine oil, mineral oil and motor oil, etc.
With a drum pump such as the JP-280 Alu 1,000 Set, you can pump all non-combustible, low and medium viscosity mineral oil products up to a maximum viscosity of 1,000 mPas from cans, 200 litre drums or 1,000 litre IBC containers.
For pumping highly flammable liquids, in explosive environments (Ex zone 0) as well as in the food industry and in the pharmaceutical industry Jessberger’s production programme includes a range of high quality, conductive 316Ti stainless steel tubing.
The electric motors of Jessberger drum pumps are also equipped with an overload circuit breaker with integrated low-voltage release, which prevents the pump from restarting after a voltage drop.
As an option, the electric motors can be driven by an external control via a control cabinet.
You can also adjust the pumping capacity of the drum pumps with an optional speed controller.
In the case ofair motors the pressure of the compressed air supply will be varied.
Motors for ATEX Applications
For ATEX applications, Jessberger drum pumps can be fitted with the JP-400 SS Ex Protection motor.
Its main specifications are
- ✔︎ 230 Volt, 50/60 Hz, 550 Watt, II 2G Ex protection of IIA T6, IP54
- ✔︎ Double insulation, protection II
- ✔︎ Overload protection switch with integrated low-voltage trip unit
- ✔︎ 5m cable without plug
- ✔︎ Certificate number ZELM 09 ATEX 0425 X
Main advantages of Jessberger drum pumps
- ✔︎ The quick disconnection of the pump tube drive with a few rotations allows the combination of one motor with different pump tubes for different fluids.
- ✔︎ The sophisticated and technically clear structure of the drum pump ensures rational and safe operation.
- ✔︎ A wide range of accessories such as barrel and thread adapters, fluid resistant hoses, nozzles, wall hangers or flow meters are available on request.
- ✔︎ Easy disassembly and quick cleaning of pump tubes.
- ✔︎ Universal electric motors in 230, 115, 24 volts in various performance and protection classes.
- ✔︎ Air operated motors (for operating pressure up to 6 bar).
- ✔︎ Pump tubing in polypropylene, PVDF, aluminium or 1.4571 stainless steel.
- ✔︎ JESSBERGER universal motors that can be combined with all pump tubes outside of hazardous areas are light, manageable and powerful devices for almost all thin and slightly viscous fluids.
- ✔︎ Applicable non-stationary and stationary pump drum motors are particularly suitable for intermittent operation.
Call us now on +32 2 657 23 53.